Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Venting With My Coffee

Good morning, well I have to admit that my steam boat full speed ahead is turning a bit into the little choo choo train that "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can". I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit pooped! I'm deciding that I can't control some things such as how long can it possibly take to install wood floors in only 600sf of rooms and baseboards and frames around my doors (the answer is over 2 weeks now)? The point is that certain things are out of our control so I've decided that instead of driving myself crazy trying to push each and every project into a very small window of time, I am going to take a step back and just make sure all the major things are completed so that we can move after which I plan to take it one day at a time. What this means to you is nothing different really. I will continue to post all of our beautiful projects, progress, and  daily inspirations and hopefully you will continue to read them and be inspired. If you've ever had a major remodel, and not to mention one that you are trying to complete within one months time you can relate that it really is a big task and you have to have a large amount of patience to make it through. I tend to lack that patience, but I'm learning. So here's to continuing on the journey with a fresh mind set.

Now, stay tuned for your other daily post~

3 comments:

  1. I get really overwhelmed when I can't control certain things. I have learned that any house projects take three times as long as I expect. It is just good to take one step at a time and focus on your patience like you said.

    xo
    Amy R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, isn't that the truth! It's so much easier when working on other people's spaces :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic Whit!! LOL!!! You are doing an amazing job at making your new space come together - take a deep breath and you'll be in it before you know it! I still miss you close by tho........ :)

    ReplyDelete