Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sneak Peak At The Finished Coffee Filter Light For Little Girls Room

Good morning, this weekend we had some pretty special visitors which compelled us to finish a few projects and gave me a few photo ops. One of which is the finished coffee filter light that I originally posted about here. As a reminder it is a light that I made using a rice paper lantern and coffee filters!

Originally the idea for this light came from a wonderfully creative blogger karapaslaydesigns. You will see many variations of it out there, but she is really the pioneer, and her blog is really wonderful so be sure to visit her and let her know I sent you.

I adapted the light using some stick butterflies from Pottery Barn Kids since I am using it for my daughter Isabella's room. They give it a bit of whimsy. I also hung it with a ceiling medallion to glam it up a bit.

Here is a sneak peak of Isabella's room in progress and her DIY coffee filter light:


This is before the butterflies~





 Here it is after the butterflies, and one that I added to her lamp just to tie it in~

*Sorry about the poor picture quality, it is just a sneak peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment