Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Finished Budget Guest Bathroom (Finally!!!)

Good morning,

Remember when I posted about a budget guest bathroom here Guest Bathroom Budget Reno....Progress ? Well, it is finally finished! I mean the vanity is working with running water, which is an accomplishment. We have the shower curtain AND liner up. We have art and shelves hung, and we even have the rug in there. I have to tell you, this bathroom turned out beautiful. Take a look at the results and let me break it down for you:

We went from this bathroom originally:



To This:













And here's how we did it:

Vanity: Ikea Birkeland Dresser- $179

Counter: Carrera Marble Top/ unsealed and pre-cut- $450 (this was a splurge)

Sink: KOHLER Cimarron Self-Rimming Drop-in Sink- $139

Faucet: Don't remember but it is an American Standard from Home Depot and I bought it because it was less expensive. Under $100

Mirror: Ikea hacked 30" round mirror for $20 that I DIY made into an affordable drift wood mirror as seen here DIY Driftwood Mirror all completed for around $150

Shelves: Pottery Barn Ashland Glass Shelves 3 at $59/ea (I used the 18" shelves)

Art: 2 frames on clearance form Ikea for a total of $20 for both and a poster bought at Michael's for $10 that I cut in half.

Shower Curtains: X Long Waffle White from Target.com for $15.00 (I used 2 plus a liner) can be seen here and the idea for this originated from Younghouselove one of my favorite blogs.

Door knob: DIY painted original door knob that I posted about here DIY Painted Door Knobs

Lighting: Overstock.com $119.99 found here

Flooring: Travertine $3.00/sf and 24"x24" tiles.

Plus some of my already owned accessories to spruce it up. We think it turned out nice, and since I no longer have to share with my daughters this is heaven for me. Can't wait to move on to the new master bathroom and really show you some things~

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially the mirror. What a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marble and tiles look so good together. They are also excellent, durable, and water-resistant choices for a bathroom. The mirror just adds shape to the whole bathroom. A beautifully framed mirror over a clean sink is more that many surfaces covered with mirrors. I love what you have done with the place! It looks so fresh and clean. Always remember to immediately wash away toothpaste spills and to protect the tiles from molds and mildews through diligent cleaning :)

    Noreen Weigle

    ReplyDelete