Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Oops, Another Post On Bathrooms

Good morning,

Well I hope it isn't getting redundant, but I am posting another bathroom series. Perhaps it's because I see too much that I love and there is too much to choose from, or perhaps it's just because I can't make up my damn mind! Whatever the cause I'm thinking that we truly narrowed it down this time.

Originally I wanted to go with the all white vanity with a carrara top, carrara marble shower tiles and possibly some free floating shelves in a natural wood for towels and display. Mix that with some elegant lighting and mirrors, on top of the polished concrete floors and it sounds like a dreamy white space.

Here are some of the elements that I've posted about and had in my mind.



And here are some pictures of the shelves which I love in most any space for the light airiness of them as well as the convenient and beautiful storage/display ability in lieu of a linen closet that we just don't have space for.



I love that these shelves were done in wood. They add so much interest and balance.

Well the husband has decided that since we already have that feeling in our guest bathroom as seen here, that we should do something a little different. I sort of agree though I would be fine with the exact same feel since I LOVE how that bathroom turned out. I've decided to compromise on this one. As long as I get the luxurious feel of a high end bathroom aka carrara marble, and Robert gets something modern that appeals to him we should both be happy. So the new plan is to do the vanity in a light more natural wood or bamboo with the carrara top, shower, and lighting and mirrors as previously planned.

Sound C-A-RAZ-Y? Well, take a look at a couple of these dreamy bathrooms and see what you think.







I know that there isn't carrara marble in all of these spaces, but there could be and should be! I've also toyed with the idea of doing a floating vanity though since we lack the space I don't want to lose any storage so we'll see about that.

By the way, it has been extremely difficult to find a reliable bathroom contractor to do our vanity and closets. If any of you local Floridians can shed some light on that one I would LOVE to hear from you!!!

Hopefully you won't hear anything more from me on bathrooms until ours is finished.....but it's pretty unlikely that will happen :) What do you think of the new concept? You like the mix of the light wood with the carrara?

2 comments:

  1. It is so hard to find good people who want to do the work. I love all your inspiration pics. Lovely ideas! Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth Amy! Thanks for the compliments, I can't wait to see this actually come together! Hopefully soon because I have the vanity being made as we speak.

    ReplyDelete