Monday, January 16, 2012

A Cozy Window Seat Nook In Our Master Bedroom

Geed evening,

I wanted to share with you another quick project that we took on this weekend in our master bedroom. I have a corner in the room that was not being used and has so much wonderful light pouring in so we decided to make it a little nook. I took one of our previously painted white mirrors and placed it in the corner along with our Ikea Tobias chair (which if you haven't seen in person is an AMAZING chair!!!) and I also put the Ikea STOCKHOLM  side table in black (it also comes in white with a wood inset btw, and is also an AMAZING table. It is sturdy, high gloss, modern and well made!!!). Once I arranged some things I looked at the cute little nook and realized that it had a bit of that "somethings missing" happening which wouldn't work. So I added a quick DIY painted mirror project.

Here it was before:




Like everything else in our room, I wanted more drama so I added some accessories including our new West Elm Mongolian Lamb Pillow  in the color pebble with our very Kelly Hoppen-Esq coral and sand vases that I posted about originally here. Well it was looking good, but not great.

Soooooo, off I went armed with a can of spray paint to give my white mirror makeover in high gloss black, Baaam!

Here are the after results of our cute little window seat nook with the newly dressed up sexier black mirror.









We really like the results. It's kind of like when you put a pair of black nylons on and it finishes a dress just so. I also added a few of my favorite books, a to die for candle in a gold metal jar found at Home Goods, and a new container to place my sand vase in (if you look closely in the picture you can see a black and gold container. I have no idea what it was, but it was on clearance for $10 so I made it work:)

What do you think? Have you done anything in your home to transform an otherwise unused  window and made it a nice little nook? I would love to see your results.

No comments:

Post a Comment