Friday, January 13, 2012

Sneak Peek Of Our Modern Landscaping, Teak Wood Balls

Good morning,

I have a huge obsession with rustic and beached woods and use them in one form or another in most of my projects. I frequently shop at a local store called Victoria's Armoire. They are full of unique and amazing pieces from all over the world which the owner brings here in huge crates and sells them for more than reasonable prices. This store is an absolute gem, and it yet again it didn't disappoint.

While in the clearance section (which by the way ALWAYS has really amazing scores at thrift store-esq prices) I came across a section of solid and pieced together teak balls. These suckers were huge and heavy, and at prices of $10-$29 how could I resist?!!!




I bought three of them for my front garden to give it a little something, and though I'm not completely ready for the yard and drive way reveal due to picture quality I did want to give you a sneak peak of a little piece of our yard.







For those of you who don't know, these suckers will typically run around $150/ea at a discount store and then some. Since they are made of teak they can go in an all weather outdoor space. They may discolor a bit, but for that just adds to the charm.  As you can start to see the yard shaping up we are going very minimal and very modern and graphic. Our plants are all new so they look like little babies, but they will one day fill out and we plan to continue adding things little by little. I will try for pictures this weekend, and will finally reveal our A-MAZ-ING concrete driveway that came out neyond one of the coolest things EVER and completely transofrmed our house.

What do you think of our little teak wood balls? Aren't they such an organic and amazing statement to our modern yard? Love them <3

No comments:

Post a Comment