Friday, March 2, 2012

Things I'm Loving, Suzani Print

Good morning,

True to form I am in search of 2 more pillows for the family room sofa. I already talked about my love for all things Ikat and now I want to show you another amazing print. I'm talking about Suzani.

Suzani print is a very old technique of stitching by hand vibrant tribal accents with a Suzani needle and often by piecing together two different fabrics. It's origins are in Uzbekistan and Tajikistan. Plainly stated they are amazing vibrantly colored fabrics and I'm lusting for me some Suzani.

Though pillows are what I'm currently looking for, I have seen them used in so many ways to accent rooms. Take  a look below, and have a towel handy for the drooling.












Did I get your attention yet?

I especially love the decorative panels in the last picture and may use them in my new and upcoming office/guest room/ one day in the future baby room!

None the less, for the moment I am simply looking for pillows and Etsy.com has a fantastic selection at great prices. Here are just a tiny selection that I spotted there.









If you haven't already checked Etsy.com out make sure you go by their site. These prints mix very well with any style and also go well with Ikat.

Which every way I decide to go, you'll be the first to know!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Really interested to read about your love of suzani pillows. At the National Association of Business Women of Tajikistan we are developing a business making embroidered pillow covers with traditional Tajik designs, made by rural Tajik women and providing employment.

    For design inspiration visit our website sohsa.nabwt.tj - its in Russian, but there are plenty of pictures.

    Alternatively, look at our facebook page for pictures of the pillows we currently have for sale www.facebook.com/nabwt

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete