Friday, October 26, 2012

It's That Time Of Year, Halloween Decor

Good morning,

People often tell me that they are inspired by my passion for decorating for the holidays, specifically Halloween and Christmas. I admit that it's something that has always come pretty easy for me probably because of my mom. Growing up in Utah, this is the time of year when the seasons are changing with brown leaves, crisp air and a spooky Halloween feeling is all around. It's the time of year when haunted houses are all the rage, and bobbing for apples is just what you do.  My mom has always decorated over the top for the holidays and still does to this day! It is one of the things that I will never forget, and still look forward to when we go home to visit. I think it comes easy for me because I enjoy it and I enjoy the memories that go along it. Maybe it brings out the kid in me.

The past couple of years have been rough for us with the move and construction, and also the loss of my father this time last year. Things just haven't felt the same. I'm starting to come back around though there is still a void,  but this year I decided that a little bit of Halloween decor was in order and I'm glad I did because it was enjoyable to put up the webs and make things a bit festive. 

Here are some of the Halloween happenings around here at the Perez house.











It doesn't have to take a ton to get your house ready for Halloween. I used some spider webs and a few Halloween skulls, spiders, and bones to make our house spooky. I even layered some of my regular accessories to complete the look. That spider on the mirror in the dining room is about 5' long and is way cooler in person. It's looking pretty good around here, and my daughter loves turning on the orange lights on the entry console.  I have a few things outside and am planning to get some faux pumpkins (since it's Florida and they rot) that I may paint and leave out through Thanksgiving. I hope that the memories that I have for this time of year will be the same ones that my daughters will share with their own children one day.

What about your house? Do you decorate for Halloween and get yourself into the spirit (pun intended). We would love to see some pictures!


P.S. Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I love your Halloween decor! Never thought to just lay the lights on the entry console...Will be borrowing that idea:). I did a little decorating for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Minniemousemiami, I would love to see what you did. Post it to your blog! I've gone and don't see anything:)

    XOXO,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete