Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Project Sneak Peek, The Modern Man Cave

Good morning, sorry for the lack of posting lately. I have been working on a couple of projects, while at the same time life is picking up. It's getting to be that time of year.

Today I want to share with you a new project that is under way. It is the revival of a 1970's town house for a true bachelor client. This place comes complete with wood paneling all over the drop ceilings with psychedelic lighting in the kitchen, and NO lighting anywhere else. Construction pictures coming soon.

My client is a bit of a self proclaimed traditionalist style wise, so my goal here is to create a space that stays true to his traditional ways while simultaneously being "cool" and modern.

Take a look at one of the mood boards that I created for the living room.


I am sticking with a cool color palette and layering in some organic elements as well as some industrial pieces it blends well with the more traditional pieces such as the TV console and the plaid throw. When I am finished the space will have all the warmth of a traditional space, but will also have a throw back vibe with some mid century and lofty elements.

This is the Modern Man Cave with a strong emphasis on the masculine side, but done in a very classy and put together way. Men should take note:)

One of the things that I am MOST excited about in this room will be the large scale lighting. I'll post about that soon, but trust that it will steal the show.


I've got to run, but I will share more with you soon. 







No comments:

Post a Comment