Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The DIY Files

Good morning,

I am admittedly a sucker for a bargain. I WILL be found at the sale rack, and sometimes have to ask myself  "would you still want this if it wasn't on sale?" You can take the girl out of Utah, but you can't take the Utah out of the girl! Don't get me wrong, I splurge on quality and where I have to, but I think the best approach is to splurge on the quality items and spend where you have to and save on the rest. Mixing high with low is an art in and of itself and can give your home character and charm, not to mention some great stories to share with your visiting guests.

I am starting a new feature on The Cuban In My Coffee called The DIY Files, which I will save in the DIY tab located in the header of my blog so that you can go back and access them down the road. I will give credit where credit is due, and if I've tried the project myself I will give you the good the bad and the ugly on "how to".

Here are some of the upcoming features in The DIY Files:

DIY Agate Trash Bin


DIY African Ju Ju Hat



DIY Brush Stroke Lamp








DIY Black And Gold Framed Picture Wall, Image Etsy

 

 DIY Ring Pulls On Mirrored MALM



 
DIY Chalk Board Wine Glasses



DIY Floating Cabinets



These are just a few of the precious tutorials that I will be sharing with you in the upcoming weeks with details to follow, and I'm looking for more. I can't wait to see what you've come up with in your own homes so share the love and send your projects my way!

If you have a great DIY project that you want to share email me here , or simply leave me a comment with a link to your project. You could be featured on The Cuban In My Coffee, and I would love to see what you've got~


3 comments:

  1. Love that brush stroke lamp project <3

    Cannot wait for your front yard post :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIY Ring Pulls On Mirrored MALM. Where did you order the rings for the project?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, I'm so sorry for the late reply! I honestly don't remember since it's been a while and I looked through my email just in case and don't see them. Try Amazon who has great prices and also google search under shopping for brass ring pulls and you will find a ton. I hope that helps.

    XOXO,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete