Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Project Sneak Peek, The Man Room Baby!

Helloooooo there,

So it's a bit here and there with the posting lately and all I can say is I'm sorry. I can't begin to tell you how busy I've been. I LITERALLY dream of a week on an island preferably with not many people on it (if any) in a home with open shutters and drapes of white slightly blowing in the wind while I look out over sunny blue skies and beautiful crystal waters.......Is it just me?!

On to my project. The happenings of lately are construction and demo of interior walls, adjustments to the doors and iron work, kitchen cabinets and bathrooms finalized, lighting schemes and design happening, paint, paint, and more paint, the newly added modern stair case of iron and glass coming soon. Hmmm, did I miss anything other than my mind? Needless to say, it's a biggie.

Today I'll share with you what a bachelor does with his formal living room. He makes it a man room, complete with amazing desks, cabinets, a bar cart (of coarse) and seating to have cocktails in at the day's end.

Here's where I'm at so far.


**You'll note the lighting is option B from the dining room scheme. I loved it so much that I found another place for it;)

The whole concept if you remember in this home is a global vibe with modern touches. Some of the elements here have a bit of a lived in feel such as the amazing weathered desk and the copper punched pendant lights.



I'm then adding some modern touches with things like the white leather and chrome desk chair,

and an industrial vibe with the stainless steel kitchen cart turned bar

which might I add is a bit of a deal with it's modest price of only $179.

And, how could any room by me be without some touch or nod to mid century style? Barcelona chairs anyone?!!!





The room is then being finished off with walls and ceilings done in the perfect shade of "greige". Mmmm. This is an example of how different styles, textures, elements and colors can be so different but also be compatible at the same time.

What do you think? Could you see yourself with a nice glass of wine, or perhaps for you men out there a glass of scotch with the Sky Fall theme song playing in the background?



1 comment: