Monday, April 15, 2013

Project Sneak Peek, A Couple Mood Boards To Keep Things Going

Good afternoon,

I wanted to share with you a couple more mood boards in my Global Inspired Project. This week is a buy one with 2 bathrooms being overhauled, the new kitchen cabinets getting installed and the lighting to start being installed on Saturday. I will hopefully have images to share with you soon.

One of the boards I'm sharing with you today is for the new kitchen. Take a look.



The old kitchen started from this:

Kitchen Before:




With the light laminate cabinets, and dated lighting and furnishings this kitchen was in no condition to stand up to our new modern design scheme. I am adding dramatic wenge wood cabinetry with flat paneled doors and clean black hidden pulls.


For the furnishings and lighting I will accentuate the new kitchen with some touches of mid century modern  such as the famed tulip table circa 1956 and balancing that with industrial touches such as the metal chairs and the industrial pendant lights for the island.






It's very minimal and clean, and perfect for a neutral updated kitchen. I also chose smaller scale bar stools to accommodate for 4 instead of 3.



The other mood board I'm sharing with you today is for the area right before you exit to the pool. It is a wide open space with a recessed tray ceiling that needs something special but can't necessarily block off that area completely or its lovely view to the outside.

Here's what I came up with for that space.



The Lights have a resemblance to sea urchins and are made from straw like sticks. There will be 3 total in varying heights hanging above the table. They are very raw and organic and absolutely make a statement.

I used another ode to my mid century obsessions with the Platner table by Knoll circa 1966. This little gem of a table has a wire base and a glass top to it doesn't take up too much visual space.

Below the table will be a few orchid sculptures created by yours truly. I will reveal those results when I get there, but I'm excited to make another orchid sculpture and will have more of those coming soon to The Cuban In My Coffee for sale if you are interested in orchid sculptures for your own home. 

Since these two spaces are side by side, I grounded them with white and light accents to unify them. The mix is quite a perfect balance with masculine elements mixed with just a few touches that still keep it light and airy and not too industrial.

What do you think? Not too bad for a bachelor pad that's coming along quite nicely don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment